Don't believe everything they tell you, and less when it comes to protecting your health, I better share six myths about sun protection and blockers, so you can take care of your skin and your family's in the right way.
*Campaign sponsored by Latina Bloggers Connect and Neutrogena.
Now that I know how harmful the sun's rays are; I have explained to my children and I try to protect them from the sun, even if they often put excuses, as if it is sticky, it itches in their eyes, etc.
|Not Blocker? No Sun, No Pool.|
Even my teen goes well protected to High School and with his NEUTROGENA bar blocker® ULTRA SHEER Stick Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 70 in the backpack just in case, this blocker is his favorite skid because it comes in bar, it's for use on the face and body , it does not require putting it on your hands, it is resistant to water, sweat and it is also light and non-greasy.
We need to explain our children well about sun protection and disprove the myths that are said out there. I share some Myths that they have wanted to use as a pretext when putting the blocker on them.
1. If you put on the blocker once a day, or before you're exposed to the sun, that's enough.
False: We must apply sunscreen at least half an hour before going out in the sun and we have to reapply it every two or three hours, after swimming or sweating.
2. Sunblock is only used in sunny places.
False: The blocker should be used even when it is cloudy or exposed to the reflection of the sun's rays; it doesn't matter that i'm not giving you the sun directly; Water, snow, sand and concrete reflect ultraviolet rays.
3. If you tan in tanning beds it's safer.
False: When you tan your skin on tanning beds, your body is exposed to ultraviolet radiation, related to skin cancer.
4. People with brown skin don't burn.
False: We browns also burn, not because you see that white people are red as a shrimp and your skin looks almost normal, doesn't mean you didn't burn. Brown skin is also exposed to premature aging, blemishes and skin cancer.
5. Sunscreens are only used when you go to the pool or the beach.
False: We must protect our skin every time we are exposed to the sun, also when we go for a run or walk, to the park, to fish, in the parks, in the shows or sports matches that are during the day, when we work outdoors, up to when we're going skiing in the snow! Anyway every time we're going to be exposed to the sun's rays!
6. All sunscreens or sunscreens are the same.
False: Not all are the same, make sure your blocker offers:
- Broad-spectrum sun protection for UVA and UVB rays, such as Helioplex ®, is formulated with the correct balance of UVA and UVB filters that correspond to the sun's risk potential for superior protection.
- Minimum sun protection factor of 30 SPF. A lightweight formula with Helioplex ® like Ultra Sheer to protect you from the sun with an invisible light sensation, forget about the sticky and the "white as a ghost", as my children say.