The Lion King arrives on Blu-ray +DVD + Digital. King Léon joins The Walt Disney Signature Collection, including sing-a-long version and more than three hours of extra material.
A few days ago I was watching with my family the blu ray of The Lion King, remembering and humming the songs of one of the greatest animated films in history, which now joins the Walt Disney Signature Collection.
My daughter hadn't seen her, but we were remembering with my kids the songs they liked when they were kids, especially Hakuna Mattata, that Timon and Pumba sing and now you can sing them with the extras in the movie.
This exciting film with breathless animation and music won two Academy Awards® for its music in 1994. Best Original Score and Best Original Song, "Can You Feel the Love Tonight".
The Lion King The Walt Disney Signature Collection includes a frame film and more than three overtime special material, with some special features that invite the spectators to sing with the music among many other things! You can find The Lion King on Blu-ray, DVD and digital on sale from August 29.
"The Lion King" or The Lion King"
It tells the adventures of Simba, a lion cahorro who can't wait to become king, as he seeks his destiny in the Circle of Life or "Circle of Life." In this quest you will face the villain Scar, which I told you about on my visit to the Walt Disney Family Museum.
The film won several awards, watches with your family and introduces your children to the characters, features technological advances that only Disney can do.
"The Lion King" is the fifth film to be joined by the Walt Disney Signature Collection, which includes different films inspired or created by the imagination and legacy of Walt Disney, which tells stories and characters that have touched generations. Others included in this category are "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs," "Beauty and the Beast," "Pinocchio" and "Bambi."
The Walt Disney Signature Collection includes more than three hours of extra classic and exclusive material, other features inviting viewers to sing with the music of the award-winning film, observe the recording sessions, enter the story room, witness the evolution of a villain and join Nathan Lane (voice of Timon) and Matthew Broderick (voice of adult Simba) for an extended conversation about the legacy of "the Lion King."
EXTRA Material from The Lion King BLU-RAY, Digital:
- BLU-RAY and DIGITAL* additional features: new Sing-Along version
- Audio Commentary. Audio documentary. Watch the film commented by producer Don Hahn and co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff.
- Visualizing a Villain. Viewing a villain, a backdrop of live dancers and the animated sequence of "Be Prepared", artist David Garibaldi paints a masterpiece of evil.
- The Recording Sessions. Check out some rare recording sessions with their roles combined with the final animation of the recording. Introduction by Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff.
- Nathan and Matthew: The Extended Lion King Conversation – Nathan (Timon) and Matthew Broderick (Adult Simba) offer heartfelt and amusing views of their experiences at the Lion King.
- Inside the Story Room. Inside the history room – Co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff present archival footage of five original story releases. C
- Circle of life, see how color creates emotion and meaning in iconic opening of the film.
- Simba and Nala. Check out how the elements proposed in the story evolve into what appears on screen.
- Simba and Nala out to play… And sometimes what seems funny in story meetings never appears in the movie!
- Hakuna Matata Co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff sing, perform and dance from their hearts as they launch the "Hakuna Matata" sequence.
- Rafiki and Reflecting Pool. Co-directors Roger Allers & Rob Minkoff show a sequence that became the Lion King's emotional heart for producer Don Hahn.
- Music & More. Sing your favorite songs from the film: "Circle of Life", "I Just Can't Wait to Be King", "Be Prepared", "Hakuna Matata" and "Can You Feel the Love Tonight".
- Visual Development. Explore an eye-catching art gallery that inspired the film's appearance.
- Character Design . Plot the film's development of unforgettable characters through early concept art drawings.
- Storyboards. Examine the storyboards created in the development of "The Lion King".
- Layouts. Delight your eyes with designs created in the development of "the Lion King."
- Backgrounds & Layouts Journey through a gallery of landscape paintings that forms the world of "the Lion King."
- Classic Bonus Features (Digital Only) These home entertainment offerings before the versions have hours of extra material, such as bloopers, audio commentary, deleted and alternative scenes and deep trips in music, film, history, animals and stage show.
Visit THE LION KING website to buy the movie, watch trailers and review the activities you can do with the Lion King theme!