Germs are everywhere. Reduce the risk of infections with these tips to take care of our family and enjoy the holidays.
No care is too great when it comes to our children. I share some of the ones I carried out when we visited a hotel with them, especially when they were younger.
No matter if the hotel you are visiting is affordable or the most expensive, for your health and that of your family take the following precautions.
10 Tips for Caring for Kids' Hygiene When You Stay at a Hotel
- Order a smoke free or non-smoking room. (unless you're a smoker).
- Before your kids come in or let them crawl around, check under the beds, you never know they can be found.
- Cleans TV, phone and alarm control; with disinfectant wipes. Control is proven to be one of the things with the most bacteria.
- If you plan to give them a bath, disinfect the tub first (ideally wash the tub with chlorine or at least disinfectant spray before). It's best to give them a shower and leave the tub bath for when you get to the house. If it is not possible (as I passed, because of the novelty of children) especially on long trips; then disinfect the tub before you sit your child in it.
- Don't let your children lie on the duvet or top, they usually don't wash as often as the sheets. Believe me in a recent trip, in a not-too-cheap fare hotel; the little blanket that was properly folded over the bed had something muddy!
- Have your children wear flip flops while bathing. Because of the mushrooms.
- Wash your children's hands before eating. Kids always touch everything, including the carpet, full of germs.
- Don't forget to disinfectant wipes, spray and antibacterial liquid to clean surfaces and children from time to time.
- Hot Tub? Just think before you get into one of these tubs that can contain a lot of germs. Although they must contain chlorine, the high temperatures of these vats cause the chlorine to evaporate quickly.
- Check the beds and sofa beds. Not only can hotels be dirty, but also the condos. A long time ago we rented one for five people, it was not cheap; when we opened the sofa-bed we found rat poop! giuu
Do you have any other hygiene tips when you stay in a hotel with your kids?