Make the most of your trip with these tips to plan your Universal Orlando Resort ™ Visit and buy your tickets here!
Affiliate links. Contains affiliate links.
This summer we had the opportunity to visit the parks of Universal Orlando Resort™ and not only that, but we were able to enjoy the VIP Experience that I tell you about later; it's the first time we're going and I want to share some tips for planning your visit to Universal Orlando that are sure to be of use to you.
First of all let me tell you that Universal Orlando® Resort™ consists of:
- Two Universal Studios Florida ™ and Universal's Islands of Adventure theme parks ™ a ticket to both parks or a two-day ticket.
- A Universal CityWalk shopping area™ where you can find restaurants, entertainment and shopping; all three are in the same area.
- A Universal's Volcano Bay™; located a few minutes from Universal Orlando® Resort; this park includes water attractions, slides, swimming pools, etc.
I recommend you buy in this link your Universal Studios Florida tickets ™ so that you save time in line, also arrives one or at least half an hour before so that you do not waste time, you will surely want to take photos and also the sooner you enter the park the better.
In addition to regular tickets there are several special passes that can save you time:
- Universal Express Pass, which allows you an express entry by participating attraction.
- Universal Express SM Unlimited ride access, which gives you unlimited express input at participating attractions.
- VIP Experience, in which you have an exclusive guide that will take you to attractions of the two theme parks with backstage access without waiting in line, plus it will share fun information, valet parking, continental breakfast, reserved seats and more.
Universal Orlando Resort ™ (Photo: distributed by WePlann)
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ and The Hogwarts™ Express attractions are not eligible for the Universal Express Pass. Well, they're one of the most requested, so if you're a Harry Potter fan, it's best to arrive early and try to line up as soon as possible before all visitors arrive.
In Orlando you can find hotels for all tastes and budgets, including four hotels of the Loews chain; which are the official universal Orlando® Resort hotels; we stayed at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando®, which offers some benefits like:
- Free shuttle to the park either by bus or water taxi. (You save yourself paying for parking in the park).
- You can walk and use the corridor that takes you directly to Universal. (approximately one mile)
- When you make your reservation you can add your tickets to Universal.
- You can enter the Wizarding World of Harry Potter an hour before on a few days.
- You can enter The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade Village an hour before the general public on certain days, believe me this is worth it, you'll save a lot of time, because the line at these attractions is very long.
- When you stay at Universal Resort hotels, you get the Universal Express Unlimited Pass (except Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort).
Some recommendations if you're carrying young children:
- If you can't get on any attraction, take advantage of the Rider Swap, for this service you make your standard line, you leave the child who can't climb in a special area with another of your companions and get in the game with the others; When you finish you make the swap or change and the person who stayed with the child can get in the game without lining up and can be accompanied by another of the people in your group so that it does not go alone.
- Carry a stroller or you can rent it there too. I recommend it even for older children, they will surely get tired, it is better to bring them in stroller than loaded.
To be aware of everything that happens in the parks I recommend you download the Universal Orlando Resort App, it is free and in it you can consult all kinds of information about games, restaurants, shows, maps, etc.
Soon I will share you in more detail about the Universal Studios Resort™, but if you have any questions, leave me a comment and I will gladly answer you!
*We attended as part of the Family Forward event travel expenses served on our own with a special discount for attendees.