When your child starts driving, concerns are growing. Learn about Hum vehicle technology and help your teen drive safely on the road.
This post is a sponsored post in collaboration with Verizon.
When my eldest son started driving, mortifications also began; as they say “man behind the wheel, constant danger” as mom you can’t help worrying but you can’t stop it either. So better help your teen drive safely on the road.
The worst thing is when you go out at night or when you go on a road trip with friends, in places where you have never driven; or when it’s raining; but there is nothing left but to advise him and look for options to reassure us.
We’ve just discovered the Hum by Verizon, a small device that connects to your car under the steering wheel and offers sixteen features to help you drive with confidence.
The Hum by Verizon offers roadside assistance, alerts you to small problems of your car, offers hot spot Wi-Fi for up to 10 devices (very convenient on road trips), location of family vehicles, etc.
Knowing the location of my son gives me more peace of mind, so I do not distract him by calling or texting, although I always ask him to notify me when he arrives at his destination, sometimes he forgets, of course he walks with friends!
I was already like my mom who always says to me when I get out, have you poured gas? Check the tires, don’t be throwing oil, blab, blab, blab. Hum takes care of the cars and the drivers.
With the Hum I save my sermons, because the same device notifies you if your car has any problems and you can also receive a report that qualifies each member depending on the acceleration, speed, brake, driving in corners and the use of the phone while driving .
Help your teen drive safely on the road
- Ask your teen to be responsible, drive defensively, and always fasten his or her seat belt.
- Teach by example, don’t use your cell phone while driving, understand that doing it can be fatal.
- Set rules about the volume of the radio and the number of friends who can accompany you in the car.
- Remind him that he must respect speed limits and traffic rules.
- Do not drive when you are sleepy, very tired, or have taken any medicines.
- Do not drive under the influence of alcohol.
- Download the Hum App and hire the Hum by Verizon, check the benefits right away.
There are three types of Hum by Verizon, the Hum App, the Hum+ and the Hum X that offer Wi-Fi hotspot.
You only need to do 3 steps to use it:
1. Download the Hum App 2. Create your account 3. Plug the OBD reader into your car’s OBD-II port.
Hum by Verizon Benefits
App Hum by Verizon
- It offers navigation (Map Quest), discounts and security rating, does not require any device.
Hum by Verizon
- Navigation (Map Quest)
- Road help when you need it most, it’s available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Diagnosis of the vehicle, the Hum notifies you of small problems, before they become bigger and more expensive.
- Location of the vehicle. Check where each family member’s car is and also in case any of their vehicles are stolen.
- Encouragegood driving habits. Get a graded report from each family member, you’ll notice how fast they drive, how they brake, how they drive in corners and phone usage while driving.
- Memories of car maintenance.
- Crash detection, in the event of an accident, sends an alert to the emergency services and sends help.
- Local discounts on car rentals, flights, hotels and more (up to 40%).
- Speed and limit alerts.
Hum by Verizon
In addition to all of the above, the HumX includes:
- Blutooth speaker.
- Numbershare. Make and take calls with the Hum speaker, even if you don’t have your phone at hand.
- Wi-Fi hotspot for up to 10 devices on Verizon’s 4G LTE network.
As Mom I recommend Verizon’s Hum, you’ll see you’re going to be calmer. For more information, download the App, visit Verizon.com in Spanish or visit your nearest Verizon store.