This is a sponsored article in collaboration with Cricket Wireless.
Last weekend we took part for the first time in The Color Run, also known as #TheHappiest5k (the happiest 5K), on their visit to Dallas' Fair Park.
It was our first time at The Color Run and we were very excited to participate. We had seen some photos and knew it wasn't a competitive race, but full of color and fun and so it was. The Color Run takes place in several U.S. cities.
In the race we meet several of the winners of the ticket draw courtesy of Cricket Wireless, who is the official sponsor of The Color Run, and who provided us with tickets to the Dallas event.
Some of the winners participated with his family, like us. Despite the threat of rain, the atmosphere was relaxed and everyone was seen to be ready for fun. Cricket Wireless provided us with snacks, drinks and prizes.
The race started with approximately 6,000 participants after a very lively warm-up, the participants went out in parts. On one side the corridors and on the other side the ones we were going to walk. There were many families with children and even young children in strollers.
Along the route there were five different color stations, where there are people bathing you with colored dust, each station is separated about a mile.
If my kids were excited to go to the race; as we were moving forward, they were more engaged, spread by corridors and families.
The final season was the green one, sponsored by Cricket Wireless, immediately there was the goal and right there we were given a unicorn medal!
At the end of the race we went to visit the festival stands, where we played and contested. The atmosphere was still very lively with a DJ, people dancing and popping the color packs that they gave us at the end of the race and that the DJ was selling.
Don't miss the opportunity to go to The Color Run with your family, no matter the age, or fitness. You can walk, run, jog, whatever it is, the important thing is to have a fun time with the family, do some exercise and create memories!
And if my children were already happy, they were more excited when Cricket and The Color Run invited us to go up to the stage to dance and pop color packs to the participants! It
was a very fatherly experience, to see people from above dancing and celebrating! We close the race with a gold brooch!
Already with our experience at The Color Run, I dare share some recommendations for when you're encouraged to attend this fun race.
Tips for participating in The Color Run
- Most race tickets are included in the purchase of most race tickets, a participant kit with The Color Run T-shirt, among other things. The price also varies if it is sent to you or if you pick it up before the race. If you're going to pick it up, come in early!
- Arrive early to get ready, take advantage of the warm-up and take photos.
- Wear white or light clothing to make the color bath look more father. The Color Run's T-shirt is white with a colored logo.
- You can use tutus, colorful socks, unicorn headbands, etc.
- Use blocker before leaving home.
- Carry a ziploc bag to protect your Smartphone or camera, there are many photo opportunities!
- Wear contact lenses or googles. If you wear contact lenses, it's best not to wear them or wear them under googles because you can get dust in your eyes.
- He wears a bandana around his neck, to heal his mouth before entering the color season. And shut your mouth or you'll end up with a rainbow smile!
- Bring something to shake off the colored powder, such as a towel or an extra T-shirt.
- Protect your car seats with a sheet. (It wasn't necessary for us.
- You can bring water, especially if you have young children, but halfway through the race they offer glasses of water to participants.
- Celebrate your arrival at the finish line by dancing or visiting the festival stalls with your family!
- Take a picture with your medal and don't forget to share the before and after photo of The Color Run on the networks!
View this post on Instagram
Celebrating on stage with the DJ! ???@thecolorrun and @cricketwireless invited us up to celebrate the end of the race! #ad #TheColorRun Czech tips and #Happiest5K details on my bio link or in https://www.mejorandomihogar.com/tips-para-the-color-run-experiencia-en-dallas-con-cricket-wireless/. . . . #flashbackfriday #5K #thecolorundallas #texasbloggers #familygoals #active #tbt #fairparkdallas #thecolorrun5k #dallastx #cricket #instacolor #unicorns #TCRHero #TCRlove #5K #thecolorrun2019 #thecolorrun2019 #thecolorrun2019 #thecolorrun2019 #colorful #dfwinfluencers #TCRHero #TCRHero #TCRHero #TCRHero #TCRHero #TCRHero #TCRHero #TCRHero #TCRHero #TCRHero #TCRHero
Have you ever participated in any race at The Color Run?
Share your tips!