Eating your greens will be very easy with this homemade Italian salad dressing, it tastes delicious!
My family says this is the best homemade Italian salad. It’s inspired by the famous Olive Garden Italian salad dressing.
This salad with homemade dressing is easier than you imagine and the best thing is that you choose the quality of the ingredients to make it.
It’s a great side to serve with lasagna or spaghetti. Sometimes I also paired it with pizza or grilled chicken breast and it’s delicious!
Tips to make the best homemade Italian salad dressing
- To make this dressing you can use either white vinegar or red wine vinegar.
- Use freshly grated Parmesan chesse, it’s flavorful.
- Extra virgin olive oil is the best option when making homemade dressing.
- You can store the Italian dressing leftovers on the fridge for about a week.
- Some American people use this vinaigrette to marinate chicken or pasta.
homemade Italian salad dressing
Ingredients For the Italian Salad
1 Romaine lettuce
1 can black olives in halves
1/2 sliced red onion
1 can sliced banana peppers
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Garlic bread croutons
Ingredients For the homemade Italian salad dressing
1/3 cup olive oil (extra virgin is the best)
3 teaspoons white vinegar or red wine
2 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tablespoons basil
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (preferable fresh)
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Salt (to taste)
Ground black pepper (to taste)
to prepare the italian salad
Cut lettuce in chunks and wash it under tap water. Separate.
Wash tomatoes and slice them.
Mix the lettuce, olives, tomatoes, red onion, and banana peppers in a large salad bowl. Separate.
TO PREPARE THE homemade Italian salad dressing
Place all ingredients in a lidded jar or bowl and mix until a homogeneous mixture is left; (olive oil, vinegar, garlic powder, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper to taste; until fully incorporated).
Serve the Italian salad, pour some of the homedressing over.
Add grated Parmesan cheese, croutons, and serve immediately.
Check out my meatloaf easy recipe.
Homemade Italian salad dressing
- 1//3 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp white vinegar or red wine
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp bassil
- 2 tbsp parmesan chesse powder
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Place all dressing ingredients in a lidded jar or bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients until a homogeneous mixture is left.
- Pour some of the Italian homemade dressing over the salad.
- Add grated Parmesan cheese and croutons
- Serve cold.